Keepers NurseryThe UK's largest range of Fruit Trees
Tel. 01622 326465
Pollination partners for: McIntosh Red
- Pollination Group: Group B
Taking into account all the relevant factors the following Apple varieties would be suitable pollinators.
- AcmeGroup CSelf-sterile
An attractive crimson flushed apple with a rich fruity flavour.
- In stockAdams PearmainGroup CSelf-sterile
A handsome apple with an unusual conical shape and a dry nutty flavour.
- AkeroGroup BSelf-sterile
A beautiful summer apple from Sweden.
- In stockAlfristonGroup CSelf-sterile
A traditional old cooking apple from Sussex.
- In stockAlkmeneGroup BSelf-fertile
An aromatic Cox like dessert apple from Germany also known and sold as Early Windsor.
- In stockAnanas ReinetteGroup CSelf-sterile
A small golden apple with a strong sweet-sharp pineapple flavour.
- AntonovkaGroup BSelf-sterile
A very hardy dual purpose apple from Russia.
- In stockAromatic RussetGroup CSelf-sterile
A beautiful golden russet apple with an intense sweet-sharp flavour.
- In stockArthur TurnerGroup CPartially self-fertile
One of the best early season cooking apples with a very attractive blossom.
- Autumn GlowGroup BSelf-sterile
A very attractive apple with bright red and yellow colours. Crisp and sweet with good flavour.
- In stockBakers DeliciousGroup BSelf-sterile
A sweet attractive early season dessert apple originating from Wales.
- Ballarat SeedlingGroup CSelf-sterile
A large dual purpose apple requiring a good summer in the UK to ripen well.
- In stockBarnack OrangeGroup CSelf-sterile
A late season aromatic Cox like dessert apple.
- Baumans ReinetteGroup CSelf-sterile
A late season dessert apple with a sharp flavour and hint of strawberry.
- In stockBeauty of BathGroup CSelf-sterile
A popular very early season dessert apple with a distinctive sharp taste.
- Beauty of MorayGroup CSelf-sterile
An old Scottish summer cooking apple with attractive blossom.
- In stockBeeley PippinGroup BSelf-sterile
An attractive mid season dessert apple with a rich aromatic flavour.
- Belle-Fille NormandeGroup CSelf-sterile
A late season cooking apple with a sweet sharp flavour.
- Belle FlavoiseGroup CSelf-sterile
A pretty summer cooking apple.
- In stockBellefleur-KitikaGroup CSelf-sterile
A very hardy dessert apple from Russia.
- Ben's RedGroup BSelf-sterile
An old Cornish summer apple similar to Devonshire Quarrenden
- In stockBismarckGroup CPartially self-fertile
An old Australian cooking apple. Good regular cropper and a useful general purpose cooker.
- In stockBountifulGroup CSelf-sterile
A good heavy cropping mild flavoured cooking apple.
- Box AppleGroup CSelf-sterile
An old Cornish cooking apple.
- Braintree SeedlingGroup CSelf-sterile
A late desset apple with an intense aromatic pineapple like flavour.
- Bramshott RectoryGroup CSelf-sterile
A lightly aromatic, crisp and juicy early dessert apple.
- In stockBrownlees' RussetGroup CSelf-fertile
A russet apple with a strong fruit drop flavour and very good blossom.
- BudimkaGroup CSelf-sterile
A traditional Serbian apple.
- Burr KnotGroup CSelf-sterile
An unusual old cooking apple which roots burrs at the base of its branches.
- Bushey GroveGroup CSelf-sterile
A mid season cooking apple with attractive fruit and blossom.
- CaravelGroup BSelf-sterile
A rad Canadian summer apple with crisp juicy white flesh.
- Carlisle CodlinGroup BSelf-sterile
An old cooking apple thought to originate from Cumberland.
- In stockCharlotteGroup CSelf-sterile
A late season Ballerina cooking apple which naturally grows in a columnar form.
- Cheddar CrossGroup CSelf-sterile
An apple with a sharp savoury flavour with a hint of fennel.
- ChipsGroup CSelf-sterile
An early season dual purpose apple which keeps its shape when cooked.
- Christmas PearmainGroup BSelf-fertile
A pretty slightly aromatic late dessert apple.
- Christmas PippinGroup CSelf-sterile
A new apple with Cox like aromatic flavour but sweeter and easier to grow than Cox.
- CisteckeGroup CSelf-sterile
An apple from the Czech Republic. Soft, juicy with a summer fruit flavour.
- In stockCobraGroup CSelf-sterile
A new dual purpose apple bred from Cox and Bramley with some of the qualities of both.
- ComradeGroup CSelf-sterile
A rich, aromatic crisp mid season dessert apple.
- Cornish HoneypinGroup CSelf-sterile
A very sweet mid season dessert apple from Cornwall.
- DelprimGroup BSelf-sterile
Delprim is a deliciously scented early season apple.
- In stockDevonshire QuarrendenGroup BPartially self-fertile
A popular Victorian early dessert apple with a disnctive strawberry flavour.
- Diamond JubileeGroup CSelf-sterile
An old dual purpose apple named to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria.
- Doctor CliffordGroup CSelf-sterile
An early season cooking apple originating from Lincolnshire.
- DominoGroup CSelf-sterile
A heavy cropping early season cooking apple.
- Duchess of BedfordGroup CSelf-sterile
An early season dessert apple with a strong aniseed flavour.
- In stockDuchess's FavouriteGroup CSelf-sterile
An attractive apple with a sharp strawberry flavour.
- In stockDuchess of OldenburgGroup BSelf-sterile
An old Russian apple still grown and popular in Russia. A pretty with a striking pattern of red lines.
- Laxton's Early CrimsonGroup CSelf-sterile
A very sweet red summer apple.
- Early JulyanGroup CSelf-sterile
One of the earliest of the summer apples.
- Early Red BirdGroup BSelf-sterile
A very early ripenning summer dessert apple with a sharp raspberry flavour.
- Early VictoriaGroup CPartially self-fertile
A popular early cooking apple with excellent flavour.
- In stockEgremont RussetGroup BPartially self-fertile
The best know and most popular of the russet apples. Very distinctive rich nutty flavour.
- Elton BeautyGroup BSelf-sterile
A pretty bright red dessert apple with a slightly sharp strawberry flavour.
- Emperor AlexanderGroup CSelf-sterile
A large, attractive dual purpose apple thought to have originated from Ukraine.
- ExquisiteGroup CSelf-sterile
A summer apple with an aniseed flavour.
- FameuseGroup BSelf-sterile
An old Canadian variety. Bright red, sweet, juicy, soft textured fruit.
- Laxton's FavouriteGroup CSelf-sterile
Sweet, juicy, attractive summer apple.
- In stockFearn's PippinGroup CSelf-sterile
An attractive small scarlet apple prized by the Victorians for the dining table.
- Fillingham PippinGroup CSelf-sterile
A sharp fruity apple once popular in Yorskshire.
- FlameGroup CSelf-sterile
Flame is a pretty pink and red flushed summer apple.
- In stockForfarGroup CSelf-sterile
A large and handsome late season dual purpose apple also known as Dutch Mignonne.
- In stockLaxton's FortuneGroup CPartially self-fertile
A red flushed early season dessert apple with a brisk summer fruit flavour.
- Foulden PearmainGroup CSelf-sterile
An old dual purpose apple from Norfolk.
- In stockFoxwhelp (Broxwood)Group BSelf-sterile
A tradional bittersharp vintage West Country cider apple.
- In stockGeorge CaveGroup CSelf-fertile
A sharp, juicy red summer apple.
- George NealGroup BSelf-sterile
A large, sharp tasting summer dual purpose apple.
- GlockenapfelGroup CSelf-sterile
An ancient bell shaped culinary apple famous for making apfelstrudel.
- In stockGolden NuggetGroup CSelf-sterile
A small attractive fruit with an intense sweet-sharp pineapple flavour.
- Golden RussetGroup BSelf-sterile
A golden yellow russet apple from America. Sweet with a honeyed flavour.
- In stockGolden SpireGroup BSelf-fertile
An old northern English cooking apple. Unusual tall, oblong shape and cidery flavour.
- In stockGranny SmithGroup CSelf-fertile
One of the most widely grown commercial apples known for its green colour, sharp flavour and firm texture.
- In stockGreensleevesGroup BPartially self-fertile
A popular garden variety which produces regular heavy crops of sweet golden yellow fruit.
- Hector MacDonaldGroup BSelf-sterile
A mild flavoured mid season cooking apple.
- Hereford CrossGroup CSelf-sterile
A sharp flavoured red early season apple.
- Histon FavouriteGroup CSelf-sterile
A dual purpose apple from Cambridgeshire with a brisk fruity flavour.
- Hog's SnoutGroup BSelf-sterile
A sweet-sharp apple shaped like a pig's snout.
- Horsham RussetGroup CSelf-sterile
An intensly flavoured sweet-sharp russet apple.
- Hubbard's PearmainGroup CSelf-sterile
A late dessert apple with a rich nutty flavour.
- Huntingdon CodlinGroup CSelf-sterile
Quite sharp soft fleshed mid season cooking apple.
- In stockHunt's Duke of GloucesterGroup BSelf-sterile
A strong flavoured sweet sharp cinnamon russet apple.
- Hunt's EarlyGroup BSelf-sterile
A sharp early season apple once grown in Kent.
- Hunter's MajesticGroup CSelf-sterile
A large mid season dual purpose apple.
- IdaredGroup BSelf-sterile
A crisp, sweet red apple renowned for its excellent keeping qualities.
- Ingall's RedGroup CSelf-sterile
A sweet red summer apple with a stawberry flavour and soft texture.
- In stockIrish PeachGroup BSelf-sterile
A good summer apple believed to have originated in Ireland.
- In stockJames GrieveGroup CPartially self-fertile
A good heavy cropping early season dual purpose apple from Scotland.
- Poelman's Rode James GrieveGroup CSelf-sterile
Brighter coloured earlier ripening sport of James Grieve.
- In stockRed James GrieveGroup CSelf-sterile
A more highly coloured sport of James Grieve.
- James LawsonGroup CSelf-sterile
A fairly sharp, soft and juicy apple with a curious balsam taste.
- JefferiesGroup CSelf-sterile
A very pretty red apple with delicate lines and patterns.
- John AppleGroup CSelf-sterile
An old English cooking apple.
- John StandishGroup CSelf-sterile
A small red flushed apple with an intensely fruity flavour.
- JonathanGroup CPartially self-fertile
An old American dessert apple. Red flushed, crisp, juicy and sweet but with plenty of refreshing acidity.
- In stockKatyGroup CSelf-sterile
A popular early garden variety producing good crops of attractive apples.
- Kentish Pippin (Keepers)Group BSelf-sterile
A pretty pink flushed apple.
- Kentish QuarrendenGroup CSelf-sterile
A dark maroon apple with a sweet nutty flavour.
- In stockKerry PippinGroup BSelf-sterile
A small pretty Victorian dessert apple with a rich fruity flavour.
- In stockKeswick CodlinGroup BPartially self-fertile
A very old traditional early season cooking apple producing a decorative tree with attractive blossom.
- Knobby RussetGroup BSelf-sterile
A heavily russetted unusual shaped apple.
- KorobovkaGroup CSelf-sterile
- Lady HollendaleGroup BSelf-sterile
A bright red early dessert apple with a sharp flavour.
- Lady IsabelGroup CSelf-sterile
A dual purpose apple similar to James Grieve but with a later season.
- Lady LambourneGroup CPartially self-fertile
A more highly coloured sport of Lord Lambourne.
- In stockLakelandGroup CSelf-sterile
A sweet crisp apple with beautiful maroon flushed skin.
- Lamb Abbey PearmainGroup BSelf-sterile
A small apple with an intense sweet sharp pineapple flavour.
- Landsberger ReinetteGroup CSelf-sterile
A sweet, juicy soft fleshed apples once widely grown in Northern Europe.
- Lass O' GowrieGroup CSelf-sterile
An old Scottish summer cooking apple.
- LibertyGroup CSelf-sterile
- In stockLindaGroup BSelf-sterile
A crisp juicy dark red apple with a refreshing strawberry flavour.
- Lord GrosvenorGroup CSelf-sterile
An early season codlin-type cooking apple.
- Lord HindlipGroup CSelf-sterile
A handsome, crimon flushed apple.
- In stockLord LambourneGroup CPartially self-fertile
A popular traditional English mid season apple. Good flavour and disease resistance.
- Lord NelsonGroup CSelf-sterile
A large red striped apple from New Zealand.
- Lord RoseberyGroup CSelf-sterile
A pretty bright red summer apple with some strwberry flavour.
- In stockLord SuffieldGroup BSelf-sterile
A Codlin type cooker popular in Victorian times.
- Lucombe's SeedlingGroup CSelf-sterile
A large prominently ribbed sharp crisp apple once popular in Cornwall.
- In stockMaidstone FavouriteGroup BSelf-sterile
- MaltsterGroup BSelf-sterile
An attractive looking dual purpose apple but often lacking flavour.
- Maldon WonderGroup BSelf-sterile
A handsome lightly aromatic apple.
- Manks CodlinGroup BSelf-sterile
- In stockMargilGroup CSelf-sterile
A small Cox like apple.
- In stockMelroseGroup CSelf-sterile
A large ribbed cooking apple once very popular in Tweedside.
- Merton RussetGroup CSelf-sterile
An intensely sharp flavoured fine russet apple.
- In stockMerton WorcesterGroup CSelf-sterile
An excellent early to mid season red apple with a strawberry flavour.
- Millicent BarnesGroup CSelf-sterile
An old mid season red flushed dessert apple from Cheshire with quite sharp flavour.
- In stockMiller's SeedlingGroup CPartially self-fertile
An attractive sweet summer apple once widely grown in England.
- MonidelGroup CSelf-sterile
An attractive red and yellow early dessert apple. Excellent sweet flavour, juicy and crisp.
- NannyGroup BSelf-sterile
A large sweet apple.
- NigdeGroup BSelf-sterile
A very sweet apple from Turkey.
- Norfolk BeautyGroup CSelf-sterile
A large and very pretty mild flavoured mid season cooking apple.
- In stockNorfolk ColemanGroup CSelf-sterile
- Nutmeg PippinGroup CSelf-sterile
- Old English PippinGroup BSelf-sterile
- OpalGroup CSelf-sterile
Crimson flushed apple with a hint of strawberry flavour. Different from the yellow apple of same name now grown and sold commercially.
- Orange GoffGroup BSelf-sterile
A cooking apple which was once widely grown in Kent.
- Osennee DesertnoeGroup BSelf-sterile
An attractive pink flushed apple with a refreshing taste.
- In stockOslinGroup BSelf-sterile
An old apple from Scotland with some aniseed flavour.
- Owen ThomasGroup CSelf-sterile
An intensely sweet sharp soft fleshed summer apple.
- In stockOxford ConquestGroup CSelf-sterile
A large late eating apple with a sweet sharp flavour.
- PaularedGroup CSelf-sterile
- PeacemakerGroup CSelf-sterile
A lightly aromatic sweet mid season apple.
- PearlGroup CSelf-sterile
- Pepin ShafrannyiGroup BSelf-sterile
A firm, crisp, refreshing apple with a high vitamin C content.
- Plymouth CrossGroup BSelf-sterile
An apple with an interesting rich pineapple flavour.
- In stockPolkaGroup BSelf-sterile
A red and green late season Ballerina apple which naturally grows in a columnar form.
- Prince CharlesGroup BSelf-sterile
A beautiful red and pink flushed apple with a good flavour.
- QueenGroup CSelf-sterile
A very pretty large cooking apple cooking to a lovely bright yellow sharp puree.
- Laxton's RearguardGroup CSelf-sterile
A firm crisp apple with an intense aromatic flavour.
- In stockRed DevilGroup CSelf-fertile
A new disease resistant apple with a refreshing tangy flavour and pink tinged flesh.
- Redcoat GrieveGroup CSelf-sterile
- Red MillerGroup CPartially self-fertile
A more highly coloured sport of Miller's Seedling.
- Red VictoriaGroup CSelf-sterile
- In stockRed WindsorGroup BSelf-fertile
An aromatic Cox like apple. Sweeter and more diseases resistant than Cox.
- In stockReverend W WilksGroup BSelf-fertile
A good early season cooking apple with a compact tree very suitable for small gardens, cordons and espaliers.
- Rivers NonsuchGroup CSelf-sterile
- RosamundGroup CPartially self-fertile
- In stockRoss NonpareilGroup CSelf-sterile
A red flushed apple with the typical intense sweet-sharp Nonpareil flavour.
- In stockRosemary RussetGroup CSelf-sterile
A strong sweet sharp flavoured russet apple with a reddish flush.
- Rough PippinGroup CSelf-sterile
A traditional apple originating from Cornwall.
- Ruby (Seabrook)Group CSelf-sterile
A bright red apple with a strawberry flavour similar to Worcester Pearmain.
- In stockSam YoungGroup CSelf-sterile
A small tasty sweet sharp apple with a cinamon russet skin.
- SanspareilGroup CSelf-sterile
A sweet honeyed apple that keeps its flavour well in storage.
- SantanaGroup CSelf-sterile
A new disease resistant dessert apple with a good scented flavour.
- In stockScarlet NonpareilGroup CSelf-sterile
Similar to Nonpareil with its intense sweet-sharp flavour but more highly coloured.
- In stockScotch DumplingGroup BSelf-sterile
An old Scottish cooking apple.
- In stockShenandoahGroup CSelf-sterile
A delicious rich sweet apple with attractive red and yellow autumnal colours.
- Sikulai AlmaGroup CSelf-sterile
- SkovfogedGroup BSelf-sterile
An old Danish summer cooking apple
- In stockSlack Ma GirdleGroup BSelf-sterile
A popular old cider apple.
- Sops in WineGroup CSelf-sterile
- Star of DevonGroup CSelf-sterile
An attractive late apple with quite a sharp flavour.
- St Albans PippinGroup CSelf-sterile
A crisp juicy but quite sharp Victorian dessert apple.
- St CeciliaGroup BSelf-sterile
- In stockSt Edmund's PippinGroup CPartially self-fertile
A very fine flavoured golden russet apple.
- St EverardGroup CSelf-fertile
A rich aromatic red striped apple.
- St MagdalenGroup CSelf-sterile
A very sweet, rich, aromatic apple from Norfolk.
- Stobo CastleGroup CSelf-sterile
An old Scottish cooking apple.
- Striped BeefingGroup CSelf-sterile
A large handsome apple with dark red stripes which give its name.
- StubnoseGroup CSelf-sterile
An unusual shaped early cooking apple.
- In stockSturmer PippinGroup CPartially self-fertile
A very late dessert apple which hangs on the tree into the winter and keeps well.
- Summer Golden PippinGroup BSelf-sterile
A Small golden yellow summer apples with a pleasant sharp flavour.
- In stockSunsetGroup CSelf-fertile
An excellent garden substitute for Cox particularly for regions where Cox can not be grown successfully.
- Sure CropGroup BSelf-sterile
An old dual purpose apple from Cheshire.
- In stockSwaarGroup CSelf-sterile
A yellow, partially russetted apple with a rich, sweet, nutty flavour once popular in America.
- Thorpe's PeachGroup CSelf-sterile
- Thorle PippinGroup BSelf-sterile
An old Scottish summer apple with a sharp savoury flavour.
- In stockTopazGroup CSelf-sterile
An excellent new disease resistant late dessert apple. Firm and juicy with a refreshing sharp flavour.
- In stockTremlett's BitterGroup BSelf-sterile
A full bitter traditional West Country cider apple.
- VioletteGroup BSelf-sterile
An apple with a violet coloured bloom which is said to also have have violet frangrance.
- In stockVista BellaGroup BSelf-sterile
A good summer dessert apple with a refreshing raspberry flavour.
- VitgyllingGroup CSelf-sterile
A white fleshed dual purpose summer apple from Sweden similar to White Transparent.
- WagenerGroup BPartially self-fertile
A firm fleshed, juicy sweet apple famed for its long keeping.
- Waltham Abbey SeedlingGroup CSelf-sterile
- In stockWaltzGroup CSelf-sterile
A red crisp and juicy sweet ballerina apple which naturally grown in a columnar form.
- Wanstall PippinGroup CSelf-sterile
- In stockWhite MelroseGroup CSelf-sterile
A large Scottish cooking apple pnce widely grown on Tweedside.
- In stockWhite TransparentGroup BPartially self-fertile
One of the earliest apples to ripen. Too sharp as a dessert apple for most people but good as a cooker.
- Wijcik McIntoshGroup BSelf-sterile
- WinesapGroup CSelf-sterile
An old American dessert apple still grown commercially.
- Winter QuarrendenGroup CSelf-sterile
- Wolf RiverGroup CSelf-sterile
- Worcester WoodsilGroup CSelf-sterile
- Yellow BellflowerGroup CSelf-sterile
- In stockYellow IngestrieGroup CSelf-sterile
A small sharp bright yellow apple with a strong fruity sharp flavour.